Thoughts underlying our Corporate Philosophy
As a diversified materials manufacturer, the Mitsubishi Materials Group has strived to work "For People, Society and the Earth" through the supply of basic materials indispensable to the world.
We have enhanced the research and development of our unique and distinctive technologies and products in order to respond to the increasingly diversified global needs that require superior products, systems and services. Today, the scope of our operations is extensive, ranging from the manufacture of resources and basic materials to high-performance processed products and new materials, as well as the provision of systems, engineering services and resource recycling. In our operations we endeavor to make the most efficient use of resources and raw materials. We take a circular economy approach in order to contribute to a sustainable world.
Through our fair business operations we will continue to promote materials* innovation that addresses the emerging global challenges of technical innovation, information technology advancement, globalization and enhanced environmental awareness. We strive to meet the expectations of our stakeholders, including our shareholders, and contribute to the sustainable development of society.
* Materials include all kinds of value that the Mitsubishi Materials Group is capable of offering, such as raw materials, products, services, solutions and human resources.
We will become the leading business group committed to creating a sustainable world through materials innovation, with use of our unique and distinctive technologies, for People, Society and the Earth.
Respect Diversity and Teamwork
We want to stimulate innovation through teamwork by creating an environment of self-improvement whilst always respecting diversity.
Act with Integrity, Speed and Determination
We are committed to act with integrity above all, also with speed and determination to overcome difficulties.
Tireless Efforts to Meet the Needs of our Customers and Society
We will continue to unite our efforts to identify what is material for our customers and society and to provide superior products at fair price.
Code of Conduct
【Respect Human Rights】We will respect human rights of all.
- We will contribute to the creation of a free and equal society.
- We will eliminate discrimination and respect the dignity of each individual.
- We do not tolerate child and any other forms of forced labor.
- We will create a pleasant and comfortable work environment.
- We will strive to achieve and maintain work-life balance.
- We do not tolerate any forms of harassment, including sexual harassment, abuse of authority and the harassment of pregnant women or those caring for children.
- We will build and maintain good labor relations on the basis of sincere dialogue and mutual trust.
【Safety First】We are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all our stakeholders.
- We will continue to make maximum efforts to prevent occupational accidents and to ensure health and safety of employees.
- We will strive to prevent accidents, including fire, explosion and spill, and mitigate risks presented by natural disasters.
- We will provide safe products, services and systems to society.
【Compliance】We will comply with all laws and regulations where we operate and conduct fair business activities in good faith.
- We will conduct our business with integrity in compliance with all company rules and standards.
- We will work in the best interests of the company and not for personal gain.
- We will engage in free and fair competition.
- We will conduct fair and responsible marketing and promotions.
- We will look to create mutually beneficial relationships with our suppliers.
- We will ensure the responsible control of trade as well as comply with export-import procedures for our products and technologies.
- We will provide information in a timely manner as well as protect intellectual property rights, personal information and customer data.
- We will take utmost care in handling inside information and comply with all related laws and regulations.
- We do not infringe on third party intellectual property rights or misuse information with property value.
- We will offer and/or receive gifts and entertainment in a responsible manner and will not gain any form of improper advantages for business.
- We will make charitable donations as determined by management, based on careful examination of its social nature, public need and impact.
- We will co-operate with governments in a fair and responsible manner to facilitate development of proposed legislation which may affect business interests. Any political donations will comply with the law.
- We do not tolerate any financial dealings and/or any arrangements with groups that make illegal demands and unreasonable demands of the company.
- If we are in breach of any law, regulation or social norm, we will quickly implement corrective actions.
- We will construct and implement a sound corporate governance system.
【Mutual Prosperity】 We will contribute to the development of each region and build a harmonious relationship of mutual prosperity with local communities.
- We will work to build and maintain good relations with local communities where our business has an impact.
- We will respect the religion, culture, custom, language and values of local communities where our business has an impact.
- We will engage in an active dialogue and interactions with the local communities and help them understand our business.
- We will engage in social activities in various fields, including culture, education and welfare.
【Environmental Management】We will work to manage our environmental impact and promote the effective use of natural resources and recycling.
- We will continue to strive to reduce our environmental impact.
- We will engage in the development of environmentally-friendly materials, product design and manufacturing.
- We will enhance resource and energy saving as well as waste reduction.
- We will promote the reuse and recycling of used products.
- We will work towards creating a low carbon economy to prevent climate change.
- We will be more considerate of biodiversity and work to live in harmony with nature.